Call Us : (845) 624-7100

Email : barrysestate@gmail.com

How much is my gold worth?

We buy anything gold for cash at Barry’s Estate Jewelry in Rockland¬† County, NY. Many of our customers are pleasantly surprised at how much their unwanted, old and broken gold jewelry is worth. We buy all gold based on the purity and the weight, and this page explains the gold selling (gold buying) process in more detail.

How much is my gold worth? That depends on two factors:

  • Purity of the gold jewelry you want to sell for cash
  • Weight of the gold jewelry you want to sell for cash

We pay 1% EXTRA CASH for gold

when you mention this website!

Gold Purity: What is the difference between 10kt gold vs. 14kt gold vs. 24kt gold?

  • Sell 14kt Gold: The most common form of gold jewelry is 14kt gold, which is 58% pure gold. The remaining 42% is other metals that are blended with the gold for color and strength. We buy pure gold for cash, which means if you wanted to sell 1-ounce of 14kt gold jewelry, all gold buyers will buy your 14kt gold based on 58% of the weight.
  • Sell 24kt Gold: The amount of pure gold in 24k gold jewelry is 99.99%. So if you want to sell 24kt gold jewelry for cash, we buy 24kt gold jewelry for cash based on the actual weight.
  • Sell 10Kt Gold: The amount of pure gold in 10kt gold jewelry is 41% pure gold. The other 59% is metals blended with gold for color and strength. If you sell 10kt gold for cash, we buy 10kt gold for cash based on 41% of the weight.

Testing the purity of gold you want to sell

In the United States, most people sell gold jewelry that is 14kt gold, and you can usually find a stamp on the gold you want to sell that indicates its purity. The stamp is accurate most of the time, but when the stamp is missing, or when the stamp indicates an unusually high gold purity for the type of jewelry, gold buyers will test the gold on site to determine the purity of the gold when you want to sell gold for cash. Testing gold purity is simple and fast and we do it on site, when necessary. If you have a piece of gold you would like to sell we will test the purity for you, weigh your gold, then make you a cash offer for gold. There is never any pressure to sell gold or obligation to sell gold at Barry’s Estate Jewelry.

Weighing the gold you want to sell

The weight of the gold you want to sell also determines how much cash you get for selling gold. After testing gold purity, we use precisely calibrated digital scales to determine the exact weight of the gold you want to sell gold for cash.

It’s fast, simple and easy to sell gold for cash at Barry’s.

Instant Cash Paid for Gold Jewelry

Barry’s Estate Jewelry
295 Route 304
Bardonia (Nanuet), NY 10954
Rockland County, New York

Phone: (845) 624-7100

Map & Directions